|Title: Biomedical Bench Engineer, Level 1||February 19, 2010|
|Evaluator: Service Manager||Reports to: Service Manager, Asst. Service|
|Main Purpose: To inspect, calibrate and repair biomedical equipment.|
Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- Inspect equipment to accurately identify all device parameters that do not meet OEM documented specifications.
- Proficiently use all test equipment related in the testing of assigned devices.
- Certifies equipment has been refurbished to original OEM specifications.
- Perform minor repairs with accepted technical practices.
- Answers technical questions from customers and internal staff.
- Documents test results and equipment history.
- Researches technical issues using all available data.
- Trouble shoots and identifies correct part necessary to repair equipment and to correct customer problem.
- Talks to customers for the purpose of selling parts.
- Travels for on site repairs and installations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology related to assigned devices.
- Knowledge of electronic analog and digital circuits.
- Knowledge of biomedical equipment design and clinical applications.
- Skilled to use basic functions of test equipment and simulators.
- Skilled to use basic hand tools.
- Skilled to perform basic soldering.
- Ability to multitask technical tasks while interfacing with customers.
- Ability to travel and perform technical tasks on customer site.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation, service manuals and schematics.
Credentials and Experience
- Minimum BS degree in electrical or biomedical engineering.
- No experience necessary.
- Four undergraduate classes in electronic engineering.
- Two undergraduate classes in biomedical instrumentation.
- One semester of Anatomy and Physiology.
- Two semesters of engineering laboratories.
- Undergraduate basic physics and chemistry.
Special Requirements (established by supervisor)
- Overtime and weekend work.
- Some domestic travel.
- Attend off site training courses.